quesIn possession of ancestral property for 50 yrs. How can i sell it?

Sir, I am holding ancestral residential property land registered with my great grandpa. Me and my father living their from last 50, 60 years. Property land registered : Great Grandpa Electricity Bill on: Late My Father Water meter : Grand Father Now i don't want to hold this property any more.

Request you to please tell me procedure to sale this property in legal aspect.

  • ans

    As you stated that the property is ancestral,
    you cannot sell the whole property but can only sell your share in the ancestral property.

    For selling your share you need to make a full declaration that the property is ancestral and your share in the property is (xyz) acres and you are selling the same through a sale deed.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Three months ago we had an agreement of Rs. Rupees 35000/- our property to a…
I am hindu and I was adopted at age of 3 yrs and in adoption…
Property was in mother's name, mother died, family details - father still alive age 75,…
I have two elder brothers and elder sister. my father and mother both died before…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly