quesHow can we claim share in the property as no agreed to the same sale?

My grandfather had a property. After his death my eldest tauji made a sale deed and sold the property to his wife (taiji). No other taujis agreed to it or signed the same.

Now my cousins are in possession of the property and are not willing to divide saying that it is in their mother’s (taiji’s) name. How can we claim share in the property as no agreed to the same sale?

  • ans

    If it’s an ancestral property then all legal heirs have equal rights over the property. If it is a self-acquired property and your grandfather died without a Will. In such case also, all legal heirs shall have equal rights in the property.

    You should send a legal notice and thereafter you will have to challenge the validity of the sale deed thereby seeking cancellation of sale deed along with consequential relief of possession.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

if a boy whos age was 13 when his father died . His mother purchased…

Hi, 2 person from  has cheated me 10 lakhs rupees in a land deal. Both…
Sir/Madam, I live in a rented house with my parents that is a wakf property,…
Land usage unclarity whether industrial or residential

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly