how can i prevent to passing of property
I am the only heir to my father. I have son who is still an infant. My question is as per the Hindu Succession Act is there a provision to prevent my sons/daughter getting share of my father/their grand father's property? After his succession? Facts; My father is 78 years old My Mother is 75 years old Majority of his property is self acquired/self earned? There may be few acres of land which he would have inherited from his father. Myself, I am the only son to my parents 33 years old married to my wife who is 29 years. No family problems what so ever. I have a son who is 2.5 years old. The above questions has been asked without any ill feelings towards my wife or children or my parents. The intention here is to ensure that my father's property should not create any dependency on kids & I want them to be independent individuals before they get a share in their grand parents property. so that my father/mothers hard earned money/property does not get misused by my children. Your valuable advise on the above question would be of great help.
Insofar as the self purchased property of your father is concerned, if he died without a will then you are the sole owner of the entire property, which implies you can make a will or any other legal settlement of this property in favour of any of your other relatives and legally deprive your son of any share therein, if you desire so. 2. The property which your father inherited from his father can legally be claimed by your son.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can we file for child maintenance if it is been denied for mother
- Can landlord evict family if neighbor gets disturbed because of kids
- Fraudulent selling of land. How can i get money or land back?
- Maintenance amount decided increased yearly what legal remedy
- Resign from committee of registered society.