×

queshereditary land resold to another party illegally

My hereditary lands were left unattended by my father and so the revenue records were illegally altered. Consequently these illegal intruders using these revenue records created documentation in the registeration department. The total extent sums upto 100 acres. Due to my financial crisis I took up only 5 acres of the total extent and probed into it, and found that the party who sold to us, again sold to another party. I filed a complaint and filed an FIR. But now he has gone to civil suit and claimed that since the case is in legal court, the police cannot enquire him. Kindly advice me in this regard.

• ansWhen were the revenue records altered? You followed an erroneous approach in filing the FIR. You should have moved to court and filed a case for cancellation of revenue documents and possession of land having regard to the fact that your ownership was usurped by forging the revenue records. FIR will not fetch you the land back. Without any further delay file a case for cancellation of revenue documents made by them in their favor.