Father suffering from mental problem. Who will be entitled to property
My father is retire from govt. job & purchase a property ( House) in Dist- Sharanpur & we are two brother & one sister. All children is married . My mother is also retire to Govt job & she lives with me. My younger brother has been stable the business in another city & last month my father leave us & leave with him. I feel that he will do the registry at the name of my younger brother. My father has something mantle problem. Now please suggest us that who will be entitle of this property.
If the property was self acquired and if your parents have given the property to your brother by way of WILL, then you can challenge the Will under Section 61 of Indian Succession Act states that a Will, or any part of Will made, which has been caused by fraud or coercion, basically not by free will, will be void and the Will would be set aside.
Further in your query you mentioned that your Father has a Mental Problem. So, If he will makes a WILL, you can again challenge the Will on the ground that Will was not made in stable condition.
Further if your father purchases the house in your brother's name then you cannot challenge the sale , because it is your father 's money self acquired and he can give the money to anyone.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Punishment for committing bigamy and rights of wife
- Can I take loan if municipal completion certificate is not obtained
- how can i recover my money from my neighbor
- School rejecting basic right to choose subject for further studies
- False criminal case how can I save my government job