quesFather suffering from mental problem. Who will be entitled to property

My father is retire from govt. job & purchase a property ( House) in Dist- Sharanpur & we are two brother & one sister. All children is married . My mother is also retire to Govt job & she lives with me. My younger brother has been stable the business in another city & last month my father leave us & leave with him. I feel that he will do the registry at the name of my younger brother. My father has something mantle problem. Now please suggest us that who will be entitle of this property.

  • ans

    If the property was self acquired and if your parents have given the property to your brother by way of WILL, then you can challenge the Will  under Section 61 of Indian  Succession Act  states that a Will, or any part of Will made, which has been caused by fraud or coercion, basically not by free will, will be void and the Will would be set aside.

    Further in your query you mentioned that your Father has a Mental Problem. So, If he will makes a WILL, you can again challenge the Will on the ground that Will was not made in stable condition.

    Further if your father purchases the house in your brother's  name then you cannot challenge the sale , because it is your father 's money self acquired and he can give the money  to anyone.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly