×

quesDue to state elections financial inst. delayed the amt.

I have booked a 2bhk flat from the share holder. Cost of the property was 165000/- .i have paid 250000 to the flat owner and rest of the amount was financed through lichfl. Lichfl was issued the amount but due to 2014 election and strike at registrar office registration of the flat was delayed and amount is not paid to the owner, know the flat owner is demanding the interest amount from when the amount is released from LICHFL. my interest of the loan is deducted for my account regularly from jan-14.

• ansThe owner is in his right to claim interest on the unpaid amount if there is a provision of collecting interest in the agreement entered in to by and between you two. You can write to him a legal letter calling upon him not to charge the said interest since the you are not responsible for the said delay in making payment.