quesDon't want to allow mother-in-law to stay along.

I own a property in Chennai (India). I have all the legal documents. I have allowed my mother in law (aged 87yrs) to live in a portion. I have also supported her financially for the past several years and I have all the documents to support this. My wife bought the house from my mother in law and I have now purchased it from my wife. Her other daughters have poisoned my mother in laws mind saying that she should file a case against me (civil and criminal) stating that I have cheated her.

Now my mother in law is staying in my house and wants to file some case against me. However, I cant see why I should allow her to continue stating there when she is clearly not getting good advice. If she wishes to file a case against me, that is OK, I have all the documents to prove that every transaction is legal. How can I evict her legally - given that she is becoming very ungrateful and clearly not thinking well.

  • ansYour wife has purchased the property from her and you have all the papers as mentioned. So, if at all you and your wife has decided to evict her,then your wife being absolute/ legal owner can file suit for eviction and possession but keeping her old and advanced age, you should not take such drastic step.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

we have bought 1 canal land 10yr ago ,used that land for irrigation for almost…

A is financially sound,B is less but has business skills. Wanted to do dall business…
We have 3 acres of land and we are 3 sibling 2 bother and 1…
Mere father in law ne mere husband and mere devar k against ja kar police…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly