quesDon't want to allow mother-in-law to stay along.

I own a property in Chennai (India). I have all the legal documents. I have allowed my mother in law (aged 87yrs) to live in a portion. I have also supported her financially for the past several years and I have all the documents to support this. My wife bought the house from my mother in law and I have now purchased it from my wife. Her other daughters have poisoned my mother in laws mind saying that she should file a case against me (civil and criminal) stating that I have cheated her.

Now my mother in law is staying in my house and wants to file some case against me. However, I cant see why I should allow her to continue stating there when she is clearly not getting good advice. If she wishes to file a case against me, that is OK, I have all the documents to prove that every transaction is legal. How can I evict her legally - given that she is becoming very ungrateful and clearly not thinking well.

• ansYour wife has purchased the property from her and you have all the papers as mentioned. So, if at all you and your wife has decided to evict her,then your wife being absolute/ legal owner can file suit for eviction and possession but keeping her old and advanced age, you should not take such drastic step.