Does house bought from joint family business ancestral property?
we had joint family biz since 1948, my father house was bought from income of joint family biz in 1964, n grandfather pased away 1966 . before house registery was done in fahters name, same house power atorney was in my Uncle name n transfered in fathers name, dispute arose 1972 n in award 1973 same house was aloted to father. Father challenged the AWARD in court n later with drew.2007. Does this house comes in pool ancensteral property.does pool property comes in ancesteral property. or it comes under ancesteral property. is the stay possible if i dont get the share. from same property.
At the outset it is no doubt that this property formed pool of ancestral property. But from the facts a contradictory view is emerging as to why your father challenged the award when the house was allocated to him as per the award. It is not known what kind of proceedings were carried out in making the award, so nothing can be said as to its impact on changing the nature of the property concerned.
Advocate Rakesh ChaurasiaGreater Kailash- I, Delhi
If the house had been bought from the joint family pool, it will be considered to be joint family property. Therefore, all the coparceners will have an equal share in it. Therefore, you will have a share in your father's property.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Harassment and threats at public places by a group of people
- Got govt job in divorce quota and married again to same person
- Check bounced and non payment of EMI case filed against friend
- Wife was raped when she was a minor can she file complaint now
- Construction of house on partioned land