Co-operative housing society membership.
My uncle purchased a flat of a co-operative housing society and he is the member of that society. he was a bachelor and nominated me in respect of the said flat as his only nominee under West Bengal Co-operative societies act, 1983. My said uncle died in the year 2007. Thereafter i have applied to the secretary for membership of the society as a nominee on 05/01/2013 but he refused to accept my letter and then i have approached to the Registrar of the Co-operative society. But still now i did not get any response from his end. What should i do for getting membership of the co-operative housing society ?
Nominee is a trustee for all legal heirs since your uncle had made a nomination of the flat in your name society is bound to transfer flat in your name on death of your uncle, at most society can insist you furnish an indemnity bond in favour of the society. If society refuses to accept your application for transfer and Registrar refuses to take any action file an RTI application with the registrar as to what action has been taken on your complaint. Ultimately you may have to move cooperative court for necessary reliefs.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I sold a property builder is not giving any NOC
- Wife left home 4 years ago can I marry again
- Section resident of Goa marry second time no divorce
- Need to send notice for publishing ad without verification.
- Is my mother entitled to half of the pension of father after divorce