quesCan i use residential flat for commercial purpose? How can i do it?

I would like to know if I can use residential flat to commercial office space where society members are agreed.Builder also offered immediate ground floor for commercial purpose where he has mentioned open space in agreement.Shall i use that space for commercial by covering that open space ?

• ansYour query is silent on the fact what commercial business you intend to undertake. As per law lawyer, doctor and CA can carry out their business in residential area.

However with respect to other sectors, you will have to obtain permission of MCD and as per their rules  carrying business in residential area is barred.