Can i claim right in Father's property after 50 yrs?
My father left his house around 50 years back and moved to Delhi and never went back to his home town. Now he is no more. His land is being used by his brothers.
As a son, can we have rights on that land? We are suffering from a very bad financial condition and need urgent legal help.
You can file a suit for permanent injunction and possession of the said land / property, but before filing any case you should inquire the concerned corporation office as to what all documents your uncle has presented on the basis of which he is enjoying peaceful rights of the property.
Your rights to the said land depends on the legal ownership of the same in the concerned corporation office. In case the rights have been transferred to your father's brother, he is legally entitled to enjoy all the rights attached to it. If the property is in the name of your father, you can claim your rights to the same transferred to you by heredity.
We also need clarity on whether this land is an ancestral land or a self acquired property of your father to provide you with further details and advice.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Does SC/ST get financial support from government ?
- Time limit for issue of judgement copy.
- grandfather's land distribution legal clarification
- Is it legal to remove a confirmed employee on the basis on an exam
- legal standing of sister if other sister has possession of property