×

quescan a gift deed be challenged ?

my mother has transferred her share of flat to me by a gift deed but my brothers are not ready for that can they challenge registered gift deed ?

• ansIf your mother is the owner of the flat then she is at liberty to transfer it to any one she desires including to a total stranger. Her right to transfer the same cannot be questioned by your brothers as she does not need their consent to transfer it. After the transfer is made the ownership will stand transferred to your name. The transfer cannot be challenged now by your brothers except by showing that she had no authority to transfer the flat, or that the deed is illegal.