can a gift deed be challenged ?
my mother has transferred her share of flat to me by a gift deed but my brothers are not ready for that can they challenge registered gift deed ?
If your mother is the owner of the flat then she is at liberty to transfer it to any one she desires including to a total stranger. Her right to transfer the same cannot be questioned by your brothers as she does not need their consent to transfer it. After the transfer is made the ownership will stand transferred to your name. The transfer cannot be challenged now by your brothers except by showing that she had no authority to transfer the flat, or that the deed is illegal.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Sale Agreement to sell apartment
- Mortgaged vehicle transferred to third party with forged documents
- Procedure to get passport after pending criminal case is completed
- How can I marry and Italian citizen and apply for work permit in UK
- Going to join business for 50% share how can I protect my share