quesbuilder asking for properties paper- illegal

Sir, I have purchased a chawl house from a builder. at the time of agreement there is no intimation given by them in writing or oral regarding the loan to be taken by him on chawl house built by him. We have paid Rs.1,80,000/- through chq and he gave us the original sale agreement. But now he asking to return the Original document to him to take loan on our house from a Co operative society. Please advice.

• ansYou should not return the original documents to the builder, as you are bonafide purchaser of flat. Its your complete choice and right so as to what you have to do with your property and its documents.