quesbua's son claiming bua's property sold by me via Power of Attorney

My father's sister transferred a land in my name by way of POA. Subsequently we sold the said property. The purchaser however did not get the sale deed registered.

My Aunt expired in 2006. In 2013 a claim was made by my aunt's son alleging that this sale is invalid and pressing his right in the said property.

What can be done?

  • ans

    Your query is silent on whether, the land was self acquired by your father's sister or was it an ancestral property.It is imperative to note that transfer of property can be made by following ways:

    1. Will

    2. Sale Deed or  General Power of Attorney( consideration is paid by the buyer to seller)

    3. Gift Deed 

    4. Relinquished Deed. 

    If your fathers sister has transferred the land by General Power of Attorney and paid consideration then the sale is valid. However if she made POA, then we will have to examine the POA and go through the clauses

    We suggest you to provide complete facts so that we can provide you exact legal solution 

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Allahbad High Court passed a judgement to give enhanced compensation to Farmers in 2013, Builders…
I rented my flat to a tenant 2 years back. Her husband is out of…
A decree of probate has passed in favour of plaintiff in 2002 by Hon'ble district…
I'm (Hindu) only single girl child for my parents. My grandfather (mother's father) was died…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly