quesbua's son claiming bua's property sold by me via Power of Attorney

My father's sister transferred a land in my name by way of POA. Subsequently we sold the said property. The purchaser however did not get the sale deed registered.

My Aunt expired in 2006. In 2013 a claim was made by my aunt's son alleging that this sale is invalid and pressing his right in the said property.

What can be done?

• ansYour query is silent on whether, the land was self acquired by your father's sister or was it an ancestral property.It is imperative to note that transfer of property can be made by following ways:

1. Will

2. Sale Deed or  General Power of Attorney( consideration is paid by the buyer to seller)

3. Gift Deed 

4. Relinquished Deed. 

If your fathers sister has transferred the land by General Power of Attorney and paid consideration then the sale is valid. However if she made POA, then we will have to examine the POA and go through the clauses

We suggest you to provide complete facts so that we can provide you exact legal solution