quesBrother wants to sell property bought with our joint investment.

Our flat I'd in my elder sons name. It was purchased by him 2013 but the total monetary part was funded by way of jewellery mortaged in the bank (my wifes and my mothers jewellery) and loan from relatives.now he wants to stay separately and want to sell the flat and wants half of the money which we don't agree. How do we settle the issue. The property is worth 70 lakhs

  • ans

    If the property sale deed is in favour of your elder son, then as per law it is a self acquired property.

    If you invested on the property and if there is some transaction by way of cheque or bank transaction then you can file a suit and seek partition.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Is it mandatory to pay transfer fees to the builder while selling a flat if…
Our house is adjacent to DDA Land on which DDA has build flats, there is…
9 years back, we gave our land in Kolkata to a Builder (through a Mediator,…
Greetings, it was about a case which is still in place since 2006, two brothers…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly