quesBrother wants to sell property bought with our joint investment.

Our flat I'd in my elder sons name. It was purchased by him 2013 but the total monetary part was funded by way of jewellery mortaged in the bank (my wifes and my mothers jewellery) and loan from relatives.now he wants to stay separately and want to sell the flat and wants half of the money which we don't agree. How do we settle the issue. The property is worth 70 lakhs

• ansIf the property sale deed is in favour of your elder son, then as per law it is a self acquired property.

If you invested on the property and if there is some transaction by way of cheque or bank transaction then you can file a suit and seek partition.