Brother wants to sell property bought with our joint investment.
Our flat I'd in my elder sons name. It was purchased by him 2013 but the total monetary part was funded by way of jewellery mortaged in the bank (my wifes and my mothers jewellery) and loan from relatives.now he wants to stay separately and want to sell the flat and wants half of the money which we don't agree. How do we settle the issue. The property is worth 70 lakhs
If the property sale deed is in favour of your elder son, then as per law it is a self acquired property.
If you invested on the property and if there is some transaction by way of cheque or bank transaction then you can file a suit and seek partition.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i appear in government job selection process since FIR pending
- Banquet hall creating noise pollution no clearance from authority
- How much maintenance am I liable to get from my husband?
- Vehicle seized how can I get back my vehicle
- Can mother have right in property of grandfather