×

quesBrother in law living in the house w/o consent.

My mother in law gifted my wife a villa/house. My brother in law also got another property from his father which he latter sold . My father in law died in 2005. But my brother in law continued to live in the house which belonged to my wife & promised to vacate the room soon.But after my mother in law's death he refused to vacate the room & went away to his new apartment by keeping the said room under lock &key & fully furnished.Now in the mean my time my wife transferred the property to me through a registered deed without any opposition.Now according to u I am the sole owner of the property. But what about that room under lock and key ? I dont want to go any further legal suite.I can sell the property at less price under encumbent.But I am hesitant because this is all property i have. can I use duplicate key and sell my brother in law's furnitures and make it encumbent free.He has no proof that locked the room. should I do it? will it get me into future legal trouble? free from any trouble is my 1st priority.

• ansYou are an absolute owner of the said house. Your brother in law has no rights , title interest in said house . ask your wife to convince her brother to vacate the said room and hand over keys to you. If necessary pay him some money to vacate it, in case, he refuses then you have to file suit for his eviction as he has no rights on said house. Under no circumstances remove furniture from the room by means of duplicate keys.