quesBrother in law living in the house w/o consent.

My mother in law gifted my wife a villa/house. My brother in law also got another property from his father which he latter sold . My father in law died in 2005. But my brother in law continued to live in the house which belonged to my wife & promised to vacate the room soon.But after my mother in law's death he refused to vacate the room & went away to his new apartment by keeping the said room under lock &key & fully furnished.Now in the mean my time my wife transferred the property to me through a registered deed without any opposition.Now according to u I am the sole owner of the property. But what about that room under lock and key ? I dont want to go any further legal suite.I can sell the property at less price under encumbent.But I am hesitant because this is all property i have. can I use duplicate key and sell my brother in law's furnitures and make it encumbent free.He has no proof that locked the room. should I do it? will it get me into future legal trouble? free from any trouble is my 1st priority.

  • ansYou are an absolute owner of the said house. Your brother in law has no rights , title interest in said house . ask your wife to convince her brother to vacate the said room and hand over keys to you. If necessary pay him some money to vacate it, in case, he refuses then you have to file suit for his eviction as he has no rights on said house. Under no circumstances remove furniture from the room by means of duplicate keys.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father expired on march 2016. Now there is no will. How to distribute property…
My father had built a house back about 30 years and registered on my grand…
We are 4 siblings,2 sisters and 1 elder brother.My mothers flat in a co operative…

Original allottee of property not getting the registration done. I bought a plot in October…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly