quesBought house from my money in mother's name. She is not returning it.

2007 bought a flat, in an unauthorized area in delhi. Token money was given in my name and later mom said it to give it in her name, but money was given by me only. I have proof of loan and token money. Some money was invested by father also and i returned it. Now due to certain circumstances she is saying she won't transfer it back in my name. What should i do? What can i do?

  • ans

    Your query is silent on whether the property purchased through GPA or sale deed. If it is in unauthorized colony then we presume that registry would not have taken place.

    Further, if the house is in unauthorized colony we cannot go to court also for relief because the government do not provide benefit to such colonies.

    However you can ask your mother to pay the money which you gave her through loan by filing suit for recovery.

    You will have draft the suit in such a manner that you gave loan to your mother which she does not intend to return.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

What is the rule of property distribution if a man who married to another women…
after my mother and father passed away,the property belongs to my mother,my eldest brother resident…
Sir , My grand father took a land in 1973 by paying full amt he…

There is a person of CRPF, i have a flat in kolkata i gave the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly