how to claim damaged bike cost in an accident case
My friend's bike was completely damaged by a car. How should he claim the damages now as it was not a hit and run case wherein the car owner helped my friend to get to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries which he sustained.
As stated by you that car owner was not at fault , so you can not file case for or causing the accident by negligent driving under Sections 279,336, 337, 338 under Indian Penal Code.
Further, if you further state that car owner was not at fault, so you can not claim third party insurance from his insurance company.
However if you have insurance policy then you can claim insurance from the Insurance company.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Can father in law dispose his share as per his wish? After division.
- Grounds for divorce
- Working for 4 years & 10 months am i eligible for gratuity benefit
- Father's right on grandfather's property
- can I file a Cheque bounce case on behalf of my son who is not india