queshow to claim damaged bike cost in an accident case

My friend's bike was completely damaged by a car. How should he claim the damages now as it was not a hit and run case wherein the car owner helped my friend to get to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries which he sustained.

  • ans

    As stated by you that car owner was not at fault , so you can not file case for or causing the accident by negligent driving  under Sections 279,336, 337, 338 under Indian Penal Code.

    Further, if you further state that car owner was not at fault, so you can not claim third party insurance from his insurance company.

    However if you have insurance policy then you can claim insurance from the Insurance company.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Motor Accident lawyers in India

Similar questions

On a traffic signal, there was a car in front at stationary position due to…

Accident happened with rickshaw he suddenly came in between i breaked but my car skid…

I was drunk & drive my motorcycle. My drink test result was 115.3mg. I was…

While riding on a bike if cop ask for a license and we are not…

Motor Accident Lawyers in India

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nitin Chopra

  Sukriti Vihar Colony
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly