queshow to claim damaged bike cost in an accident case

My friend's bike was completely damaged by a car. How should he claim the damages now as it was not a hit and run case wherein the car owner helped my friend to get to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries which he sustained.

• ansAs stated by you that car owner was not at fault , so you can not file case for or causing the accident by negligent driving  under Sections 279,336, 337, 338 under Indian Penal Code.

Further, if you further state that car owner was not at fault, so you can not claim third party insurance from his insurance company.

However if you have insurance policy then you can claim insurance from the Insurance company.