quesLegal responsibilities regarding maintenance & deposit

I'm a tenant in Bangalore. In my rental agreement with the landlord, there are some gaps: 1. There is no mention of any maintenance. 2. There is no mention of a specific time frame for the landlord to give back the deposit when I leave. It just says "at the time of tenant vacating" 3. It also does not mention that she has to give receipt for my monthly rental payments.

Is there any protection I can get from the law on these matters if the landlord creates problems? Assume she is not amenable to updated contract till current one expires.

• ansYou should have got the agreement vetted by a lawyer before signing it. The substantive rights and duties of the landlord and the tenant flow from the agreement. The landlord might sue you for maintenance in which event you may contest her case fittingly. Do not sign the revised agreement without getting it vetted by your lawyer.