Legal responsibilities regarding maintenance & deposit
I'm a tenant in Bangalore. In my rental agreement with the landlord, there are some gaps: 1. There is no mention of any maintenance. 2. There is no mention of a specific time frame for the landlord to give back the deposit when I leave. It just says "at the time of tenant vacating" 3. It also does not mention that she has to give receipt for my monthly rental payments.
Is there any protection I can get from the law on these matters if the landlord creates problems? Assume she is not amenable to updated contract till current one expires.
You should have got the agreement vetted by a lawyer before signing it. The substantive rights and duties of the landlord and the tenant flow from the agreement. The landlord might sue you for maintenance in which event you may contest her case fittingly. Do not sign the revised agreement without getting it vetted by your lawyer.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Adverse possession time limit against predeceased mother?s son
- Wife staying with her parents not agreeing to come back what can I do
- How to get divorce from my wife
- Refund from Builder for my booking amount after cancellation of deal
- How can I get share in family property