Procedure for avoiding notice period after serving it partially
I am working in a company where a notice period is for 2 months but I wanted to leave in one month and had resigned. As per the company's policy a person can be released earlier if the manager allows or a buyout option is there. I had resigned last month but till now there has not been a proper discussion over it.
I have been told to start a new project and make a report and after reviewing the report I will be released which I don't want to do. Please tell me, what is the procedure for buying out the notice period. Is it on the mercy of the management?
We will not be able to comment about the procedure for buying out the notice period unless we examine your appointment letter.
However, we suggest you to write an email to your manager, wherein you must give the reference to your resignation letter and state that you intent to be relived on a certain date and further, that you also intent to buy your notice period.
Normally, it's a month's salary, but policy differs from organization to organization.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Having physical relation by making false promise for marriage
- Company having contract with other company are we employees in that
- Not providing occupancy certificate.
- Wife not coming back from her maternal home what can i do.
- baby born in extra marital affair custody of the child and maintenance