quesProcedure for avoiding notice period after serving it partially

I am working in a company where a notice period is for 2 months but I wanted to leave in one month and had resigned. As per the company's policy a person can be released earlier if the manager allows or a buyout option is there. I had resigned last month but till now there has not been a proper discussion over it.


I have been told to start a new project and make a report and after reviewing the report I will be released which I don't want to do. Please tell me, what is the procedure for buying out the notice period. Is it on the mercy of the management?


  • ans


    We will not be able to comment about the procedure for buying out the notice period unless we examine your appointment letter.


    However, we suggest you to write an email to your manager, wherein you must give the reference to your resignation letter and state that you intent to be relived on a certain date and further, that you also intent to buy your notice period. 


    Normally, it's a month's salary, but policy differs from organization to organization.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Was deputed abroad, not training, but with the Head count in India. Had to sign…

I had a bond with my company to serve 2yrs or pay 2 lakhs rupees…

outn of financial difficulties I recently signed draconian contract which demands 4 months of advance…
Can a MNC company terminates the probation while manager is in sick leave

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly