Company's office in multiple cities. Where to file a case for salary?
In the continuation of my previous query, I want to file the civil suite for recovery for my pending salary. I was located in patiala. My appointment letter was issue from Gurgaon office. Company has its registered office in Delhi. (Company packed up both office unofficially). Company's Corporate office is in Mumbai and company is still in working condition.
Please suggest that where I can file my case? Gurgaon, Delhi or Mumbai or any place? Presently I am located in Gurgaon. The recovery amount is 7 lacs.
If your company carries their business, or personally work for gains in Mumbai then you can file a case within the local limits of these jurisdiction. The cause of action arose in Gurgaon, Delhi, so you can file your suit within such jurisdiction. Furthermore, you will have to check your appointment letter, whether your company has provided any jurisdiction in case of any dispute.
Before filing a case, we suggest you to send a legal notice, to the Company claiming their your salary , PF and other amount recoverable and thereby requesting the company to comply with the same within 30 days.
If the company does not comply with the said legal notice within 30 days, then you and other people can file a civil suit against the company for claiming his full and final settlement along with the damages and compensation for the harassment and mental torture.
Further the court fee levied will be somewhere 1 percent to 3 percent.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- BMC flat in name of the father in law who passed away how to transfer
- Hindu succession act daughter's right on ancestral property
- No formal agreement. Given work to a lady.She is not returning stuff.
- Want loan against property in name of grandfather how to transfer it
- Can a employer take action if i don"t serve notice period