Misunderstanding of cyber crime please advise
Hi.. I had met a girl on fb. Suddenly the conversion went wrong. We were talking about something . I told her that I'll tell her father that she had sex with someone in a funny way.but she took it seriously. Suddenly she said that I do wanna kill her and her father . My net was slow . My message reached her after she sent me that message . I wrote in the message that "do as I tell you to do" . She thought that I'm threatening her . It was completely misunderstanding. I was joking. Now she is telling that she will tell the cops. I'm really afraid. And we are not from same country .Please help me. Is it punishable? I would be glad if you can give me your email. By this way I can discuss everything in details.
You must immediately apollogies to the concerned woman in writing and ask her to forgive you and settle it amicably. You should not indulge into such untoward conversation on social network next time. You must also send a intimation letter over post to your local police station in details for your own protection.
Advocate Aveek BoseOld Post Office Street, Kolkata
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What action can be taken for unauthorized capture of piece of land
- Whether handwritten agreement on stamp paper valid or not?
- Who can access the rooftop of a government provided flat.
- Fraudulent direct marketing promises and duping by QNET
- How to register a partnership deed