Is it possible for exemption limit extension upto Rs. 5 crore revenue?
Is there a way to get an exemption on Central Excise if we have crossed the Rs 4 Crore revenue limit by Rs. 10 Lacs? We used to get an exemption of Rs. 1.5 Crore and of late, when our revenue crossed the Rs. 4 Crore limit by Rs. 10 Lacs, we got a notice from the Central Excise department that we are not eligible for the exemption and need to deposit the duty accordingly.
Is there a way out of this and are there any rulings for exemption limit extension unto Rs. 5 Crore revenue?
No, there is no ruling for availing an exemption if the turnover is more than Rs. 4 Crore. The solution is to pay the pending amount of duty along with interest as soon as possible. The department would hold you liable for the interest in this case. There is no need to wait for the demand notice to arrive because if the demand notice is issued then you would end up paying the duty along with interest and also penalty would be imposed.
Notification 08/2003 dated 1.03.2003 is the only available exemption notification which allows the exemption of Rs. 1.5 Crore if the turnover is below Rs. 4 Crore mark.
For future you can operate from the same facility but get the work done under 2 different names. In this manner you can easily manage the turnover and avail the benefit of the notification by splitting the turn over under two names.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can we claim share in the property as no agreed to the same sale?
- Amount of stamp paper for General power of attorney
- wanted to get my minor brother's DOB changed in the passport
- Is there any time limit for finishing the writ petition
- Owners creating permanent structure in parking area is it legal