Prosecution witness not coming for cross examination
A witness on behalf of the complainant gave witness against the accused who is not coming again for cross examination because of the accused lawyer. The hearing got postponed nearly 5 times because of the witness refusing to come. Now, the advocate of complainant requests to send summon to his witness who is refusing to come for cross examination.
The learned Magistrate refuses to send summon stating it is a private complaint and the witness is complainant own witness. Please clarify whether the accused can request to set aside the evidence and statement given by that prosecution witness?
You can file an application before the Judicial Minister for closing the witness evidence and proceed further. The burden depends on the complainant and not accused to produce witness.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Took loan from landlord he locked the house without notice
- 3 years of live in relationship now I feel like he is cheating
- Whether pictures uploaded on social media taken as evidence in court
- Husband withdrew mutual consent after cool period. What to do now?
- can my father get his share back according to panchayat partition