Police refusing to file FIR for dowry harassment. Where to complaint?
Police is refusing to file FIR for dowry harassment. They are saying that we should approach the women cell and they cannot file an FIR directly. What should we do in such a case?
You have to file a complaint in women cell regarding dowry harassment. You have to give a detailed complaint about harassment for dowry and ill treatment by your in laws. After filing the Complaint they will call your husband and his family and they will try to resolve your issues amicably.
If matter is not resolved amicably then an FIR shall be registered.
You can also file a case of Domestic Violence against your husband and his family.
You can also file a suit for maintenance under section 125 of CrPC at the same time.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What are the safeguards to enter into a live-in relationship
- Wife making false allegations and left home. How to get her back?
- Husband promised to pay alimony for child. Not paying after divorce.
- Fraud visa case filed against me what to do.
- Can limitation of notice in cheque bounce delay if last day is holiday