Police refusing to file FIR for dowry harassment. Where to complaint?

Police is refusing to file FIR for dowry harassment. They are saying that we should approach the women cell and they cannot file an FIR directly. What should we do in such a case?




You have to file a complaint in women cell regarding dowry harassment. You have to give a detailed complaint about harassment for dowry and ill treatment by your in laws. After filing the Complaint they will call your husband and his family and they will try to resolve your issues amicably. 


If matter is not resolved amicably then an FIR shall be registered.


You can also file a case of Domestic Violence against your husband and his family.


You can also file a suit for maintenance under section 125 of CrPC at the same time.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have given 30,000 friendly loan to one Government servant. he gave me half amount in equal instalments. but from last 6 months he is not paying my m…

Read More

police asking to pay money to not put agressive section ion chargesheet--what can be done?…

Read More

Builder perform a agreement with me regarding sale of a flat and bank sanctioned home loan to me, builder took part in property and home loan fair org…

Read More

We had a helper to take care of our baby. She was above 15 years, now police is blaming us for child labour act. But from my knowledge it is allowed e…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue