Police refusing to file FIR for dowry harassment. Where to complaint?

Police is refusing to file FIR for dowry harassment. They are saying that we should approach the women cell and they cannot file an FIR directly. What should we do in such a case?

Answer

You have to file a complaint in women cell regarding dowry harassment. You have to give a detailed complaint about harassment for dowry and ill treatment by your in laws. After filing the Complaint they will call your husband and his family and they will try to resolve your issues amicably. 

If matter is not resolved amicably then an FIR shall be registered.

You can also file a case of Domestic Violence against your husband and his family.

You can also file a suit for maintenance under section 125 of CrPC at the same time.