quesNever promised to marry. Girl threatening to file case under 376.

Sir, I had physical relation with 1 girl before 2/3 yr. She is 10 yr elder than me. I already told her i didnt marry with her and she also agree for that. In past 2 yr we didnt meet each other and didnt contact each other. Now after 2 yr she came and harassing me to marry with her and i dont want to do this. She told me if i didnt marry with her then she will file Sec 376 on me. I am 26 yr graduate student and working in Private firm. Please help me. How can i get bail and how can i defend myself . Please advice.

• ansYes this is a very serious matter. As you are aware now these matters are very sensitive and prima facie law is in favour of women.

Therefore to safeguard your interest. You must inform this fact in writing but in a different way to police and also you should issue a legal notice to the said lady and copy the same to the commissioner of police.

These two documents will help you a lot for bail and also for your trial.

After filing & issuing notices, you must apply for anticipatory bail which we are sure that you will get it,

So do it fast and don't waste your time because delay will cause you harm.

• ansYou have to file for anticipatory bail to avoid arrest. Contact to safeguard your liberty. At least telephonic conversation is necessary to avoid any complications. Anticipatory bail order will protect you from being arrested and avoid stigma and incarceration resulting from arrest.

Advocate Sooraj Hulke

Kharghar, NaviMumbai

Therefore to safeguard our interest,We must inform this fact in writing but in a different way to police and also we should issue a legal notice to the said lady and the cc of the same to the commissioner of police.
    So do it fast and don't waste your time coz delay will cause you harm.
    All the best.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansShe may harrash you. You should continue chats with her and collect evidence such as call recording, sms, emails, whatsap chats so that you may attack or counter attack for harashing, inducing to keep physical relationship, to grab money and property unlawfully by blackmailing but see to it that from your side you should not commit anything or you should not admit anything such as past relations. It is good to ignor on such subject and to divert her on another subject. While chatting try to get from her mouth that relation was free consent and not for marriage. Unless an until you don't have such evidence u can't get out of this. See to it that she doesn't get any doubt of keeping evidence or record or you HV get alert. Then later you may file complaint and also file anticipatory bail application prior to complaint.

Advocate Uday Jadhav

Bibvewadi, Pune