IPC Sec.379 complaint withdrawal.
FIR made by a person against the stolen of Jewelry. Complainant mention the name of suspected person (maid servant, cook etc.) in the FIR. A notice served by the A.C.J upon the complainant for appearing before the court (a fixed date and time mentioned) for providing him an opportunity to be heard at the time of consideration of the 'Final Report' submitted by the I.O. Now the complainant withdraw the case or withdraw the complaint. What is the procedure for withdrawing the case or complaint?
In some cases Sec.379 IPC is a Compoundable Offence, so the complainant can file a petition u/sec.320 Cr.P.C. in the Court by serving a copy to the Public Prosecutor. Where the value of property stolen does not exceed two thousand rupees the owner of the property can file, also more amount it is duly permissible by the court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 379 - Punishment for theft
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How much time and procedure to convert LLP to company?
- Wife having bad character and threatening suicide how to divorce her
- Elder uncle took over business fraudulently What action can be taken
- Don't have funds to refund loan what should I do
- Friend asking for rent for staying with him