quesBusiness partner wants to marry me. Will it change share holdings?

Hi. So my business partner has proposed to me. Now, I am worried that he might have done that for getting over my share too. Could you tell me how things change after marriage (if I consider) and if I can get his shares too?

• ansYour shareholding is completely independent of your marital status unless the shares are specifically transferred or willed to the spouse. There are enough instances when a husband and wife own 50% stake each in a company. 

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi