Someone using my company name and number for some fraud scheme.
I have a shop in Delhi. I have been receiving calls from gujrat, tamil nadu in which people are saying my company's name and personal number is used for some fraud scheme and promises. My company is registered in government records. What should i do to safeguard myself from future consequences? Under which act and section can i hold them liable?
If your personal number is being misused you should immediately inform the police regarding the same by lodging an criminal complaint under section 420 of IPC.
Further you should specifically give a warning circular in local and newspaper wherein you should state that people should not rely on any promises unless they received call from a particular number or mail through particular email.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how to safeguard from false domestic violence case
- Under which rule it is legal to submit original markshe
- rights of child from first marriage in property
- Mental tortured by wife and parents
- Is it illegal to show resignation letter copy instead relieving letter