Made a video film for a NGO. How to get its copyright?
I have shot video film for an NGO. We want to get its copyright and earn something for the NGO. How do can we proceed?
Cinematography films - also title of motion films including its screenplay is registrable under copyright Act. The same must be registered with the Copyright Board in New Delhi. Pertinent to note that registration is not mandatory but advisable due to its benefits.
An application can be made for copyright of the contents of CD if it has artistic value Copyright Registration Under the Copyright Act of 1957 serves as a prime facie evidence in all courts in India, without further proof or production of the original.Copyright certificate is issued within 6 months
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Domestic abuse by in laws what legal action can I take
- Claim rejection by stating pre-existing disease by medi insurance co
- Person took money promised to give job now absconding
- Can I apply for govt job if a case was filed when was a minor
- Constant emotional harassment from my drunkard uncle