Corporate Business Domain Legal Issue
Hi, I have one doubt related to domain could you help me ? in india there is a very big company name ferns n petals and their business is online florist they have domain name called "fnp.com" now i have booked a similar domain but promoted company name is flora n posy and my domain is "fnpflowers.com" so should i run for my business or it's a legal issue regarding similar domain name. ferns n petals = fnp.com flora n posy = fnpflowers.com
The two domain name are not similar. So you can start you business safely.
In India, the domain name are protected under the Trade Mark Act, since your domain is not similar and the word flora ,fern are generic can be used by anybody in combination with some unique prefifix and suffix.
In order to protect, your domain it is advisable to apply for registration of the same under the Trade marks Act.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Purchased a property which was passed through a gift deed not aware of
- Friend suspended even after being innocent as per inquiry board report
- F&F Settlement with my last employer. how to file a case ?
- Sold land by the owner, now legal heir claiming share
- Can FIR be raised on issues done in 2012