×

quesCorporate Business Domain Legal Issue

Hi, I have one doubt related to domain could you help me ? in india there is a very big company name ferns n petals and their business is online florist they have domain name called "fnp.com" now i have booked a similar domain but promoted company name is flora n posy and my domain is "fnpflowers.com" so should i run for my business or it's a legal issue regarding similar domain name. ferns n petals = fnp.com flora n posy = fnpflowers.com

The two domain name are not similar. So you can start you business safely.

In India, the domain name are protected  under the Trade Mark Act, since your domain is not similar and the word flora ,fern are generic can be used by anybody in combination with some unique  prefifix and suffix.

In order to protect, your domain it is advisable to apply for registration of the same under the Trade marks Act.