What is the procedure to file case in consumer court?
I want to file a case in the consumer court against a company. What is the procedure for filing the case?
A written complaint, can be filed for deficiency in services rendered to you by the company. You will have to give the details of the service that was given by the company and whether you were a consumer of such company. The written complaint can be filed before the District Consumer Forum for pecuniary value of upto Rupees twenty lakh, State Commission for value upto Rupees one crore and the National Commission for value above Rupees one crore, in respect of defects in goods and or deficiency in service. However, no complaint can be filed for alleged deficiency in any service that is rendered free of charge or under a contract of personal service
Advocate Shivanshu SinghJungpura Extension, Delhi
Please specify that where would you like to file a case like, District Forum, State Commission, National Commission.. The procedure for filing cases in all the above forum are different.. Please also specify which state do you intend to file a case..
Advocate Ankur AggarwalUday Park, Delhi
What company is this? You will have to ensure that you are indeed a consumer as per the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act. Depending on the amount of compensation you are claiming, the case will go to District Forum, State Commission or National Commission. You can file the case in your name only but it is advisable to appoint a lawyer in case the company is very big and the amount claimed is high. Multiple copies of the complaint will have to be filed in the court with appropriate jurisdiction along with supporting affidavit and annexures. The number of copies will depend on teh forum you file it at.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How long does divorce take if filed on ground of desertion?
- Can mother claim deceased daughter's property
- Advise on Legal farming Land
- Failed marriage. Husband doesn't support me. What to do?
- Separated from husband for 10 years now how to proceed for divorce