quesI filed for bsnl connection 5 month ago. bsnl didnt intimate

I filed for bsnl connection 5 month ago. bsnl didnt intimate they didnt disconnected my connection charging me rupees 7000 now. they didnt even send bill to me in these month . i registared my email id with them . they sent that bill on it. but i never ask them not to send bill at home. as i dont use that id anymore. even when i gave application they didnt intimate i will have to pay last bill only then they disconnect. now they r asking me to pay the bill . why i pay for there negligenge. i asked them several times sir do u need more than this for disconnection . i dont now i hav agood case.

• ansIf you have recieving of first application for seeking disconnection, you can file a case in consumer forum. However, if the proper recieving is not with you then you have to pay till the date of connection.

Advocate Rajat Bindal

District Court, Bareilly, Bareilly

• ansYou need to review BSNL's policy with respect to e-bills. If subscribing to e-bills implies that physical statement will not be sent, then they are well within their rights. If you file a case against them, you will have to prove that they did not inform you, which can be a difficult aspect to prove. My recommendation would be to consult a lawyer with all your bills and letters exchanged with BSNL.

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi

• ansHi, thank you for your question. A lot of these queries can be answered only if I am aware of the terms of the agreement between BSNL and you. However, in case you feel that they have cheated you by not informing you about disconnection and then charging you Rs. 7000, you should pursue the matter. You are advised to contact with all your details and agreements/mails for a better understanding of the scenario.

Advocate Mishika Singh