Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Registered will made in favor of mother, sister & ex-girl friend

My husband alienated some of his property through a registered will in favor of his sisters mother and ex girlfriend. can i challenge d will?

Answers (1)

Venerated Madam,
I would like to inform you that as per Hindu Marriage Act you have valid right over the property of your husband and on the basis of that you can challenge the " WILL" bequeathed to others and claim your share therein. If property is ancestral property then you have legal right to take half of share as a wife. Feel free to call for more assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Anubhav Almadi
District Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Riddhi Shah
Borivali East, Mumbai
12 years Experience
Advocate Namrata Jayakar
Churchgate, Mumbai
15 years Experience
Advocate Saurabh Dalal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
12 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Create a Trust

4.8 | 132 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 11000
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Create a Trust through a local experienced advocate
Probate of Will

4.6 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 14999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Filing for Probate of Will through a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Will

4.4 | 122 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Will review by a local experienced advocate
Will at Home

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 14999
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Will drafted at home by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Wills / Trusts Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 351 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Will / Trust issue
Draft a Will

4.8 | 276 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - A customised Will drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My father, who died in Oct 1977, had executed a WILL of his immovable property in April 1976 duly registered in the O/o SR in my favour excluding my 3…

Read More

whether the probate certificate of registered will deed required only in metro cities?…

Read More

Will is already got probated now we missed the probate copy recently need to get another copy of probate. We r the original petitioner for the will an…

Read More

Can a will be registered even after death of testator?…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue