Reg unread Will and legal heir certificate

When a person expires leaving unregistered Will. Can we register now? Need to transfer property in his mother's name. What is the procedure and fees if we need a lawyer

Answers (2)

350 votes


It can be registered, just the presence of witness and the lawyer is needed. Else, you may file a testamentary and intestate petition for transfer. Firstly get a legal heir certificate and then file the application. The cost depends on value of the property. Please feel free to connect with me for further assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

132 votes

This is my response to you:
1. No you cannot register;
2. You can file probate petition in the court;
3. Consult a local lawyer and take better help;
4. Show him/her all the documents and better legal opinion can be obtained.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."