Necessary to probate a registered will for a property in delhi

My Mother in Law has left a will where I am the sole beneficiary. This will is registered in Delhi in sub registrar office and property is also registered in Delhi . My elder Brother in Law has never been on good terms with my late husband and myself and might not give us NOC ( if approached) and might black mail us for money. There fore we registered the will in 2012. My query is 1. How can I get the property transferred in my name without probate process. 2. With recent rulings by court is it necessary to get the will probated in Delhi. ?

Answers (2)

File a suit for declaration that you are the owner based on the Will. Before that you may serve a legal notice asking him to vacate and hand over physical possession of the property which belongs to you .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello, according to WILL the property should be transferred in the name of actual successor, if that is clearly written in WILL then no body can harass in any case. For further queries kindly call.
Jayatee Chatterjee

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Probate of Will

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Filing for Probate of Will through a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Will

4.4 | 122 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Will review by a local experienced advocate
Will at Home

No Ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Will drafted at home by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Wills / Trusts Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 351 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Will / Trust issue
Create a Trust

4.8 | 132 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Create a Trust through a local experienced advocate
Draft a Will

4.8 | 276 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - A customised Will drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

In case of flat held in joint names of husband and wife, if the husband dies without making a will, is mother or father of the deceased entitled to cl…

Read More

what will be the maximum probate fee payable in a case filed in year 1999 and decided in 2017 in south 24 parganas alipore ? Parties are Hindus and ca…

Read More


Read More

Can an 80 year old woman register a "Will" for future acquired property…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue