Married woman claiming her share in the fathers Property

I am a married woman staying with my mother and my husband at my husband's residence. My brother is separated From his wife but his wife is currently staying at my mother's house.Can I claim my share in the house considering my brother is the 100% nominee.

Answers (1)

218 votes

As per the Hindu succession act married woman can claim her share in her father's property legally. if not given can even file a suit for partition claiming her share. In your query you have not stated who is the recorded owner of the property at present.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."