×

Legal validity of will made by grandfather to daughter not registered

Hi, my grandfather made the will which his daughter is claiming but not registered. House is in possession of son. Grandfather died in year 2000. What is the validity of the will. What right son has in the property. Also point to be noted us my grandfather was undergoing cancer treatment at the time when he made the will. Kindly suggest...

As the will was not registered, the property must be distributed under the respective succession act.
Therefore shares of the son and daughter are determined as per the law applicable.
The appropriate step would be to initiate proceedings to hold the will as inadmissible and to devolve the property as per the succession act.

If it self acquired property of your grandfather then your father cannot claim if Will is genuine You have to prove that will is fake。your father has to file a case to prove that will is not genuineddddd

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Anubhav Almadi
District Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon
Advocate Riddhi Shah
Borivali East, Mumbai
Advocate Saurabh Dalal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
Advocate Namrata Jayakar
Churchgate, Mumbai

Validity of a Will depends on many legal requirements and legal formalities
Whether the legal formalities are followed in making the Will or not can be said only after seeing and reading the Will
In the absence we have to presume that the Will is valid.