Legal validity of will made by grandfather to daughter not registered

Hi, my grandfather made the will which his daughter is claiming but not registered. House is in possession of son. Grandfather died in year 2000. What is the validity of the will. What right son has in the property. Also point to be noted us my grandfather was undergoing cancer treatment at the time when he made the will. Kindly suggest...

Answers (3)

As the will was not registered, the property must be distributed under the respective succession act.
Therefore shares of the son and daughter are determined as per the law applicable.
The appropriate step would be to initiate proceedings to hold the will as inadmissible and to devolve the property as per the succession act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If it self acquired property of your grandfather then your father cannot claim if Will is genuine You have to prove that will is fake。your father has to file a case to prove that will is not genuineddddd

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Anubhav Almadi
District Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Riddhi Shah
Borivali East, Mumbai
13 years Experience

Validity of a Will depends on many legal requirements and legal formalities
Whether the legal formalities are followed in making the Will or not can be said only after seeing and reading the Will
In the absence we have to presume that the Will is valid.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Create a Trust

4.8 | 132 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Create a Trust through a local experienced advocate
Probate of Will

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Filing for Probate of Will through a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Will

4.4 | 122 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Will review by a local experienced advocate
Will at Home

No Ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Will drafted at home by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Wills / Trusts Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 351 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Will / Trust issue
Draft a Will

4.8 | 276 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - A customised Will drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My father got his share of property from his brother, later he partitioned the property in to 3 . one for my brother, 2nd for me and 3rd for himself. …

Read More

3 of my colleagues have made fun of me in a office drama/play during annual day, defaming me that i have bad character, i ask all office female collea…

Read More

Can a registered will be probated after 10 yrs...wat is the procedure…

Read More

Sir/Mam, Due to my mother's ill health she is thinking to make her property will. She want it to transfer all to her children only. Because of my …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue