Father made me nominee twice for same property with different shares

My dad has made signed a nomination form of society of a flat in 2015 with 100% shares in my name my mother has a will of 2014 which it is written that the flat to shared in 50/50 can I know the answer for the claim

Answers (4)

256 votes

You and your mother have 50-50 share to the property. The nomination of membership has no value when the will is brought into question. So it does not matter that the nomination came into existence after making of the will.

Also ensure that the Will is a valid Will or no.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

56 votes

First I want to know whether the flat is whose name. If the flat is in your name and your father, your mother had left will in which she has written that the flat to be shared in 50/50 i.e your father will get 50% share and 50% share you will get. You can call me if required.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
230 votes

Remedy you are seeking depends on factors such as in whose name the flat stands at present and whether your mom has expired so that her will can be probated(seeking effect from court). And if your mom's WILL needs to be probated than whether she had the title in flat while preparing the WILL and at the time of her death.

287 votes

Since property is held in joint names, the nomination form shall be signed by both the holders of the property. In this case you can submit revised nomination form signed by both the owners of the property

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."