Daughters challenge registered will made by father

My father and his brother bought a 100sq yards land jointly in late 60s and my father made a will in which they make me and my wife his heirs for his 50yard property. Which is dully registered by registr in the presence of 2 witnesses . i want to know that can my 2 sisters claim for her share or can they stop selling this property ?

Because the property is not ancestral and is self acquired by your father, and the same has been transferred to you and your wife by way of a will and the property has not devolved upon you in absence of a will, then in these circumstances, it seems that your sisters will not be able to claim any share over the 50 sq yards, or legitimately prevent you from selling the property.

Your sister can file for claim in property.. because there is no bar for filing a case. But. Since u have received the property through a registered will, your sisters won't succeed in their claim. You and wife are the absolute owner of the property as per facts stayed by you.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers