Daughters challenge registered will made by father

My father and his brother bought a 100sq yards land jointly in late 60s and my father made a will in which they make me and my wife his heirs for his 50yard property. Which is dully registered by registr in the presence of 2 witnesses . i want to know that can my 2 sisters claim for her share or can they stop selling this property ?

Answers (2)

329 votes

Because the property is not ancestral and is self acquired by your father, and the same has been transferred to you and your wife by way of a will and the property has not devolved upon you in absence of a will, then in these circumstances, it seems that your sisters will not be able to claim any share over the 50 sq yards, or legitimately prevent you from selling the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

72 votes

Your sister can file for claim in property.. because there is no bar for filing a case. But. Since u have received the property through a registered will, your sisters won't succeed in their claim. You and wife are the absolute owner of the property as per facts stayed by you.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."