Want clarification on short term capital gain refund

1, Can I get refund the short term capital gain tax by paying LIC premium or buying tax saving mutual funds or something else? 2, If so, how much money I will get refunded?

Yes,You can get refund of STCG .U/s 80C maximum of Rs.1,50,000/- you can get deduction from your income. U/s 80C LIP tax saving mutula funds are covered. You can get a refund of maximum of 15,000 which is limited to the quantum of TDS amount.

No deduction U/s 80C for STCG arises due to transfer of equity shares and units of equity oriented fund through a recognised stock exchange .In this case no deduction is available.

Once the TDS is more than the tax due,you will get refund on filing of IT Return.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow