Want clarification on short term capital gain refund

1, Can I get refund the short term capital gain tax by paying LIC premium or buying tax saving mutual funds or something else? 2, If so, how much money I will get refunded?

Answers (1)

198 votes

Yes,You can get refund of STCG .U/s 80C maximum of Rs.1,50,000/- you can get deduction from your income. U/s 80C LIP tax saving mutula funds are covered. You can get a refund of maximum of 15,000 which is limited to the quantum of TDS amount.

No deduction U/s 80C for STCG arises due to transfer of equity shares and units of equity oriented fund through a recognised stock exchange .In this case no deduction is available.

Once the TDS is more than the tax due,you will get refund on filing of IT Return.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."