Liability to pay taxes even though not used services

Me and my family had shifted to my grandfather home 6 months before where my uncle lives. Should we have to pay the electricity tax,house tax and water tax even we didn't use them also the taxes are in name of my grandfather or are there any other options. Please reply quick Thank you

Answers (2)

179 votes

No it's liability to pay it it's necessary if you are taken your grandfather estate then no payment but if you are legal representative of your grandfather so it's your liability only on their property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

151 votes

Metred connection are billed till they are officially closed or surrendered. Therefore if you used it or not the minimum charges shall apply and the same stand payable. You should submit for closure of connections if you not using the electricity and water.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
19 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
8 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."