Legal remedy as tax refund not yet processed from RTO

My vechile got accident and it was totally loss. My RC and all the documents where cancelled and I had applied for tax refund. Vechile is one year old. The rto person not giving an exact date when the refund will be initiated. It's been 3 month's now each time they say 10-15 days the file is moving it takes time. Please give me advice how to proceed on these.

Answers (1)

341 votes

You have waited for sufficient time, it's enough get engage an advocate and issue the legal notice through advocate, demanding the tax amount, with interest. Their after file a case/complaint before district consumer forum of the district for deficiency of services.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
19 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
8 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."