How to protect oneself from Income tax department

how can one protect oneself from actions initiated by the income tax department u/s 276B. My friend has been issued notice for prosecution u/s 276B and although he has paid all the taxes and interest thereupon he is still being prosecuted.

Please make sure that the documents/records i.e. Challans for payment of "tax deducted at source" and the interest challans are available with your friend. There could be some mismatch in the records or some interest is pending, as per the records of the Income tax authorities.
Your friend should visit the ITO and prove the quantum of TDS payable along with Interest and provide the proof of such payments.
Further, in case of variations in the details submitted before the authorities and your available records, it may be reconciled.
I think there is no worry, if the proper liability of tds has been deposited.
Your presence before the Income tax authority is necessar, i request you not to skip/foul the date of summons.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati