How to protect oneself from Income tax department

how can one protect oneself from actions initiated by the income tax department u/s 276B. My friend has been issued notice for prosecution u/s 276B and although he has paid all the taxes and interest thereupon he is still being prosecuted.

Answers (1)

222 votes

Please make sure that the documents/records i.e. Challans for payment of "tax deducted at source" and the interest challans are available with your friend. There could be some mismatch in the records or some interest is pending, as per the records of the Income tax authorities.
Your friend should visit the ITO and prove the quantum of TDS payable along with Interest and provide the proof of such payments.
Further, in case of variations in the details submitted before the authorities and your available records, it may be reconciled.
I think there is no worry, if the proper liability of tds has been deposited.
Your presence before the Income tax authority is necessar, i request you not to skip/foul the date of summons.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
8 years Experience
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
19 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."