Clarification regarding taxes payable on property.

My home is above 3000 sq.ft including the 3 side open car porch area. I'm paying taxes since 4 years for this reason, isn't this car porch area not excluded in square feet calculation?

Answers (1)

217 votes


In this case, normally car porch area will also is Included in the house area. However there are some exceptions for that rules. For a proper analysis and legal advice, I need to see your home plan and other related documents.


PT Sheejish

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."