Can son show that he is paying rent to his parents

27-Mar-2023 (In Tax Law)
My and my wife have a jointly named house. My wife us a house wife and I am serving in govt dept. Can my give the house on rent to our son who is staying with us. If yes then can she show full rent receive as rented income in it return pl guide
Answers (1)

Answer #1
529 votes
Yes son can pay rent to his father there is no restriction that a son cannot pay rent to father as they are separate legal person can pay rent as tenant and father can be the owner of the property and can show it as rental income

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."