×

queswhat are the legal procedure to set-up a handyman business

Dear Sir/ Ma'am Greetings I am looking to setup a Pvt Ltd. Handyman business we can repair almost everything want to know all related rules and regulation paper works step by step with services charges. 

• ansYou need to first form a private limited company under the Companies Act 2013 and emphasis have to be given on drafting of your memorandum of Article for incorporating all the objectives then other formalities and licensing will come only after your incorporation such as registration under shops and establishment act.

regards
    Adv Tarundeep Singh

Advocate Tarundeep Singh

Subhash Nagar, Delhi

• ansThanks for contacting me. To incorporate a private limited company, you need to decide upon proposed name of the company (with more than one alternative options), the paid up capital, minimum two shareholders and directors. To start with, you would need to obtain Director Identification Number (DIN) and Digital Signature (DSC) for the two directors. The actual process of incorporation in earnest would begin thereafter which would include the name registration, preparation of memorandum and articles of association, affidavits, declaration as per the compliance stipulated under the Companies Act, 2013 and Rules thereunder. On a rough off the cuff assessment, typically the cost for incorporation of a private limited company (inclusive of professional fees) would range anywhere between Rs. 35,000- Rs. 45,000 (it would be lesser if you already have DIN and DSC). Have you also considered setting up a one-person company instead of a private ltd. company? Please feel free to get in touch for a detailed discussion before you decide on the structuring and setting up your business. Would be happy to provide a break up of the overall cost if you wish.

Advocate Joydeep Nath

Sheikh Sarai, Delhi

• ansFirst get your and your partners DSC(Digital siganture certificate) and DIN(Director Identification Number) in place(in case of One person company only one is needed)
    Get a company or LLP incorporated with your modus of business duly stated in MOA and AOA
    Get your stamp and seal made , open a current account. Get your Trade mark registered
    get your webpage in place(though not legally necessary or mandatory but advisable)
    and you are good to go

• ansPlease take note of the following -
    1. You need to file an application before the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for the registration of your company. Based on the authorized capital your fees will be decided.
    2. Once your company is registered then you have to get your registration done under Tax laws and other allied laws related to your business and services.

Advocate Pulkit Prakash

Ramesh Nagar, Delhi