Requested for copies of encashed cheques

As per RTI, I requested the bank to provide me with copies of en-cashed cheques related to my late father. I have not received the reply despite reminders. I need the copies on priority basis.

Answers (1)

430 votes

If it is a government bank, then they are bound to reply. Incase of private bank, they shall not reply.

In case the goverment bank is not replying, then we suggest that you file a writ petition thereby seeking direction , wherein court will direct the bank to provide you with information

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles